Pages

Friday 3 December 2010

What do you call...........

a group of owls? Apparently it's a PARLIAMENT OF OWLS......isn't that fun!!?

This is a page in my little passport sized journal.......I have decided to make it a birds only journal!

 The letters for the words are from my usual source......The Radio Times!

The cute tree with owls stamp is by MEMORY BOX which are available from
THE STAMP ATTIC.



I meant to post these pics when I posted the home to roost piece but I forgot so they are here now!
One of the things I enjoy doing at this time of year is decorate the house and I love to use HYACINTHS.......these are sitting on the corner of my coffee table.
 One problem with hyacinths is that they tend to fall over as the flowers open........so to get around that I add twigs from the garden to support them........I like the way they look too!

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh yeah I love owls.
This is a spectacular page Sue. Unbelievable work as always. Love it.

Lynn Stevens said...

It reaaly is a strange name for the group of owls, Love your page and those are my all time favorite flower, In the spring they bloom all over my yard. sigh... great idea with the sticks to prop them up!

Tinkertaylor said...

Love the birdies and thanks for the tip about the hyacinths. Mine will be standing up proud this year!

Effie said...

Love the owls.. great idea with the hyacinths,I just love the smell of them .. they remind me of infants school, growing them in glass jars!

Anonymous said...

Owls are amazing............but hyacinths are just beautiful, would make a fab xmas gift too.......where did you get those pots??

Kimber said...

Thw twigs are a great idea!
And I love the owls. I have a book I am altering that is all birds. I just painted and owl with inktense...looks like a cross between a monkey and a cat...lol! Needs work!

Nigel said...

Do the owls not get offended by being compared to parliament?

Siobhan Brignull said...

love the twig idea it looks stunning and what flock of birds will be next

Lori Saul said...

I love your Parliament of Owls- so beautifully depicted in this wonderful creation . There are some interesting sayings out there "A Murder of Crows" always made me wonder- how did they come up with that!

Sid said...

Fab pages & love your hyacinths !

Anonymous said...

Brilliant owlage!!!! In Australia we call them a Parliament of Idiots LOLOL!!!
xxJ