Pages

Saturday 8 January 2011

TEA T-OWL?

 This owl is made from a heart shaped tea strainer that I found while out and about somewhere! The VERY corny title for this blog post is courtesy of my husband!

 Hopefully you can see the 3d-ness of it in this pic. Not sure where he is going to end up, might just stay hanging from the light on my work desk which is where he is now.

I'll leave you with a shot of my garden looking pretty bare and brown which is to be expected at this time of year. We have spent a few hours this week now that the weather is a bit warmer (comparatively!) doing some of the jobs we did not get around to or weren't here to do late last year. As you can see breaks for coffee and biccies were also taken!

15 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous piece Sue and I love love his crown too it's gorgeous, a very dimensional piece. Love the title too Stuart LOL, Tracy x

G Peplow said...

Hi Sue, your owl is fabulous, corny title or not I love him to pieces, especially his crown. Glad to see you could get into the garden, it's looking good :0) xx

Sarah Anderson said...

WoW, WoW, WoW, WoW. Your owl is absolutely FaNTaSTiC Sue!!! You are clever! xx

chris f said...

Fabulous! Another gorgeous owl!
You have inspired me and I bought some old spoons for 50p for 3 at a flea market to have a go at the last ones you made - wish me luck!
Chris x

oneoff said...

What a fine beast he is! I love that you can see his component parts when you get close. Gorgeous.

Hels Sheridan said...

Corrr, this is GORGEOUS!!! Now, if you don't know what to do with him, i am more than happy to look after him for you LOL That coffee looks inviting! x

Effie said...

What afabulous piece of art!... the titles pretty good too!

Minxy said...

A qualiTEA alteration there Sue :D

Anonymous said...

When I saw this I shouted something like 'friggin fantastic' lol!

It amazes me how you come up with such things.The tin man is still my favourite.

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh I Love it, What a hoot!!!

Netty said...

Totally terrific owl and a fab alteration. Stunning. Annette x

Siobhan Brignull said...

wow that is defn upcycling, love it

Nigel said...

Brilliant, and if you can't find a home for him I'm sure I could :)

Gillian said...

Oh Sue, Your owl is Brilliant my dear!!!! love him :)

olive said...

how very clever and inventive Sue.... steampunk in a different way.
The garden may look a little forlorn but at least you have one!!!!! Hugs Olive xxx