Pages

Saturday 22 January 2011

Something altered

for a change!
Just want to say thanks to those that left messages re my running out of space dilemma.......as you can see I sorted it, I bought some extra, so business as usual!!

 Can you tell what it is yet???



 Of course......it's an owl with cogs and a propeller on his head!!!

 Here he is in all his glory.......he stands on what was part of the outer casing of a clock.......his eyes are big washers that I scratched and then aged with black paint.,.......cup washers, press studs and black crystals in the centers.......pen nib beak.......wings are card......die cut then trimmed to give layers..... painted, ultra thick embossing powder randomly added for texture, more paint etc etc.......held in place with screws and cogs.
This is what he looked like to start with!

14 comments:

Carol Q said...

ooh he's just lovely Sue. isn't there a mechanical owl in a kid's story?

Netty said...

Terrific post and wow what a brilliant creation this is. Annette x

Hels Sheridan said...

I am... In... LURVE! He is ... simply... gorgeous! Am so happy you bought more space!!! Thanks for sharing x

Sarah Anderson said...

"That's a nice owl, I'll have that!" ;)

He was cute before but now he's FaBuLouS. Just love him :) This is so clever, what a great use of all those clock bits and washers etc
Are you thinking of the owl in Bagpuss Carol? Oh, actually I think that's a woodpecker come to think of it. Hmmm, will have a think!

Gillian said...

AWESOME!!!! Love him Sue :)
You are such an Amazing artist!!!

ps...so glad you could sort out your blogger photo space problem, I haven't encountered that as yet, will know what to do in future when it does happen because of your post and the answers you received, so thank you x

Sandy said...

OMG she is so lovely.
Stunning creation Sue. This rock.

Lynn Stevens said...

WAY KEWL Sue! What an awesome transformation. A Steampunk Owl WOW!! I LOVE IT!!!!!
I have some Steampunk birds coming out in Somerset studios this summer, I can't wait to see them in print. I couldn't get a good picture to save my life.

Sid said...

Brilliant.....reminds me of Bubo in the film 'Clash of the Titans'.

Sarah A said...

Absolutely genius!! I WANT one?

Sarah x

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

heehee cool...reminds me of Bubo from Clash of the Titans. Can hear his little musical chattering when I look at your cute character here.

I didnt know you were running out of space. You've not been blogging long- (I've only used 10% of mine and am on about 250+ posts)-you should be miles away from your limit. Do you resize your images before uploading?

Nigel said...

Cool, a steampunk owl :)

Glad you got your space sorted out.

Siobhan Brignull said...

ow wow I love him, you have made him into such a stunning piece of art compared to before, must go to charity shop and look past the gaudiness, perhaps I'll find me a owl to play with

Dymphie said...

oooh wow I LOVE the make-over of your little owl. Wonderful work Sue!

Rosie said...

That owl is just AWESOME - I love him! I wish I'd learned how to do soldering properly so I could make stuff like this. Send him to my house immediately please! (pretty please?)