Pages

Monday 10 January 2011

INTELLIGENT MOSS?

Yesterday we decided we needed to go for a walk so we headed off to QUINTA ARBORETUM which is in Swettenham village near Congleton here in Cheshire. While the Arboretum is a nice place to walk there was an ulterior motive, it just happens to be right next door rto THE SWETTENHAM ARMS pub.......a nice place to eat lunch after a good walk!! 

After lunch we wandered over to the little church opposite the pub and came across these grave stones where the moss has grown in just the letters carved into them......


.....some words were clearer than others..........
 ......and with the sun shining on them the moss seemed to glow.......such a lovely colour!

Just one more curious thing I thought I'd share with you all!!!

11 comments:

Zue said...

I have never seen anything quite like this before in terms of moss growing, (it is really beautiful), but I have seen the digestive work of bees on an old sign at Rufford Old Hall.If you have not been there before, a fascinating visit awaits!

Thanks for showing this mind-blowing picture, the sun really brings out the depth and the depth of colour
Sue xx

Sarah said...

You’re a woman after my own heart – a nice long walk with a good pub lunch at the end of it, with a wander around a cemetery at some point in between, is my idea of a nigh on perfect Sunday :)

LOVE the moss writing, I’ve never seen it quite so well defined as that

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow, I have never seen anything like that before... very clever moss indeedily! sounds like a beautiful place to visit and a pub lunch is always a winner x

Helen said...

What amazing things you find! I think this looks beautiful.

Siobhan Brignull said...

that is so lovely, I want my gravestone to be like that, or is that just a bit spooky, LOL

Sarah Anderson said...

I'm glad you did, this is FaB!!!

JoZart Designs said...

That is just fascinating... you have an amazing eye for spotting things others might pass by.
joZarty x

minnie_mac said...

I've visited lots of graveyards in the course of family history research (my holiday photos tend to be of gravestones !), and never come across this.

It looks really beautiful.

Marilyn

Laura said...

This is an amazing sight and quite spooky at the same time. Very beautiful!

Sue said...

Very Cool!

Anonymous said...

how amazing is that....nature is wonderful isn't it.