Pages

Monday 24 January 2011

HELLO!

You might have noticed somewhere along the way that I like ALICE IN WONDERLAND??
Well..........the Oh Alice! challenge blog site has been a fun place to indulge that love but the BAD NEWS is it is closing its doors................but the GOOD NEWS is that one of the DT members.....LYNNE PHELPS.....has decided to take it over, move it to THE ALTERED ALICE blog and carry on with challenges. The other good news is that Lynne has asked me to be on the new DT......how could I refuse!! There will be a few changes....the main one being that the challenges will now be monthly instead of weekly with DT artwork spread across the month.
The last challenge on OH ALICE! is to make a HELLO or GOODBYE card.
 I used card letter stencils that I hinged togerther and then painted/stamped/doodled on them. Stamped the Alice characters seperately, coloured them and cut them out and added them to the letters.

 Details of a couple of the letters.
On a different subject I went to see BLACK SWAN last night..........it was in places scary, gruesome, beautiful but overall thought provoking.........I enjoyed it......unlike the bloke I overheard on the way out who said it was the worst film he had ever seen and he could not believe he had been made to sit through it! Just goes to prove we are not all the same.......thank goodness.........I would say I recommend it but it certainly was not a feel good/ easy film to watch.

16 comments:

olive said...

congrats Sue...... xxx

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

How could you not be on an Alice DT.... you are Alice arent you lol?
Congrats. LOVE THE CARD....its FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

Wow thats fabulous and congrats on the dt post
have a lovely week
hugs June

Nigel said...

Congratulations.

I may be along to try an Alice challenge at some point :)

DonnaMundinger said...

FABULOUS, Sue and a big congrats! Can't imagine you weren't already on the Alice DT. You're perfect in every way as this card shows quite magnificently. My DH did okay with Black Swan and I loved it. Thought provoking, for sure! I dare say it's a chick flick. LOL Most men I know had the same reaction as the guy you overheard in the theater. xxD

Lynne Phelps said...

Thanks for playing along with THE ALTERED ALICE!!!! Another perfect example of why I HAD to get you on the design team! LOVE the accordian stencil Hello. Every detail is fantastic! Love the olive and faded red color scheme, goes so well with the character of the stenciled letters. I think my favorite detail is the white doodled outline around the letters! You know, if you ever need to find a new home for any of these projects, I imagine I could see my way to helping you out, lol!!! ;-)

penibear said...

Lol, I don't think this is the Alice that I know and love............perhaps I should enter something anyway....
Btw, glad to see you are enjoying making 'Stuff for you'......it's not that easy is it? But I'm having fun with it anyway.......

Basement Stamper said...

Congrats Sue, you will be perfect on this team as you have shown with this creation. Absolutely stunning, love the letters and the doodling!

Sid said...

Fab card and best wishes for your DT endeavours Sue !!

Effie said...

Cngrats on the DT, a fab card.

Sarah Anderson said...

Told you it was scary!!!

Love how your Hello card turned out :) And congrats on your new DT role :)

Anonymous said...

Dang! Nobody does Alice like you!!! Love Love Love!!! Congrats!
xxJ

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, absolutely stunning! Congrats on the DT!

Sandy said...

Wow Sue what can I say ???
Yes this is the cooles and greatest Hello what I have seen. Stunning design and work. I love it. Your are the AiW Queen.

BarbaraW said...

Sue, your card is fantastic. I'm looking forward to being on the DT with you.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You are such a perfect fit for Oh Alice. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful art. This piece is stunning.