Pages

Monday 13 June 2011

Will you step into my parlour?

This week the word on TAKE A WORD is INSECTS

For my entry I worked on a piece of canvas and machine stitched a spiders web.........


......I made a spider from a squashed night light candle holder and three wire hair pins......only had 3 so that's what I used.......the fly was stitched onto a seperate scrap of canvas ........they both have faces cut from The Octopode Factory figures....

 Ok, so I know that TECHNICALLY spiders aren't insects but then TECHNICALLY this isn't a spider as it's only got 6 legs and spiders have 8......so I am hoping to be forgiven my artistic license!

On looking up the quote I used I found that what I had always thought was "welcome to my parlour" said the spider etc, is in fact "will you walk into my parlour?" ....the stuff you discover!

23 comments:

Sid said...

Love your pages Sue especially the spider and the fly !!

Suzi B said...

Love the squished tea light holder...makes a fab spider!

Crafting Queen said...

Oh, wow, this is wonderful. Love the colours and the textures, wonderful work!!

johanna said...

your spider is creepy coooooool !!! what a great spread!

Barb Cady said...

Great pages, the spider is inspired! Love it.

Anonymous said...

fab spider tea light........

Willy said...

Love your spiser and web, Sue. Great stitching!

indybev said...

Great stitchery. When I first saw the spider I thought she looked like an octopode, and sure enough she was! Innovative and creative. Well done!

Lori Saul said...

Fabulous stitchery Sue- what wonderful textural journal pages- really brilliant effects!

Anonymous said...

I am in total awe of your creativity here, Sue.

Taluula said...

Oh, wow, you should be making books for sale as this is absolutely exquisite. You shall have a standing ovation from my corner my friend.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love the stitched spiders web Sue and the spider from a squashed tea light is an inspiration, love it along with the fly too. Tracy x

Junibears said...

A great piece of work! xx

Deann said...

So cute and funny and one of my favorite poems too...great job Sue!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

This is fantastic, I love the stitching.

The Octopode Factory said...

ooohhhh fabbo work!

Anonymous said...

**squeal** bless your black little heart! I LOVE it!!
xxJ

Linda Gibbons said...

I love this! what a cool spider

Meme said...

Sue your pages rock!

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

lindo lindo lindo
amei o projeto!

Gez Butterworth said...

Sheer brilliance!

Hermine said...

How cool is this, love it!

Schokoladina said...

Sue, I think it looks a little bit like a funeral parlour. Isn`t it`?

It is great! I really love it.

Have a nice week-end

Petra