Pages

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Art of the apron

 This book is made from an APRON.....a plain old calico apron that you might buy to cook or paint in......some of you may remember I had a version of this published in CRAFT STAMPER a while back now.
 Fold the apron in half, cut pages from card and see how many you can get between the layers of apron...........
 ......trim the fabric around the pages and then stitch in lace with a sewing machine........I like to keep the pockets, ties and neck band in place so it still looks like an apron.....well sort of!!

 Then decorate the pages.......use paints, inks, stamps etc etc whatever takes your fancy!

 Use tabs to join the pages together.

 What prompted me to share this with you today is that I like to look at JENNY DOHS BLOG (she used to be the editor of SOMERSET STUDIO and now runs CRESCENDOH).....for a while she has had a feature called ART OF THE DRESS and one of the things shown has been aprons! Then I noticed there was an ART OF THE DRESS CHALLENGE! I think the idea is you show how you WEAR your apron .....Jenny makes wearing one look so cool, I would look like I forgot to take it off after cooking........ so I thought I would show my book instead! Not sure it meets the challenge criteria but we will see!


12 comments:

Effie said...

Fantastic idea...... I'm with you on the pinny thing.. looks fab on Jenny... I look like a char lady!

Bernice Hopper said...

Fabulous. A much better use for a pinny than it's original use. Can you tell I don't ever use one!!!

Sid said...

Fab book Sue, Super finished article, lovely texture !!

Minxy said...

This is awesome Sue, don't know how i missed the craft stamper article, will have to scour my old copies now

roc said...

wow..this is fabulous!

Jenny Doh said...

Sue,
What a clever idea. I think it takes the apron and book-making to new wonderful place. I love the grungy treatment and stamping that you've done on each page and also the way you've bound all the pages together. Super cool. Thanks for sharing!
Jenny

Paula J said...

Oh I love this-wouldn't it be great to print a cookbook on apron pages? hmmmmm, that gives me an idea.....

olive said...

certainly puts a different application on wearing an apron...... love it Sue. Its so original... hugs xxx

Kirsten Alicia said...

I LOVE this, such a brilliant idea & the end result is fantastic.

Unknown said...

This is really, really great!!

Sandy said...

A cool grungy fabric book Sue.
Wow an amazing idea and an incredible work. Perfect in every way. Love it.

johanna said...

how coooool is this??!! i never would have considered turning an apron into a book... fantastic metamorphosis! i love that grungy look, perfectly my taste!