Pages

Sunday 5 July 2009

CHRISTMAS PAST......IN JULY!!

I have been making Halloween cards lately so why not Christmas cards??!!

I spotted a new Christmas challenge blog called WINTER WONDERLAND a couple of weeks ago and today decided to have a play and join in (better than watching the Tour de France on TV I can tell you!).
The theme this week is CHRISTMAS PAST so it gave me chance to use my all-time favourite Christmas stamp.........St Nick from Stampington, along with a Tim Holtz stamp of old style advertising.





I tied a couple of little jingley bells onto the holly leaf stems as a reminder of berries and added a metal tree decoration.


I've had these metal holly leaves for years and these are the last two!!

10 comments:

Powerful Search Engine said...

Fabulous card Sue I love the stamp can see why it is one of your faves. I love your embellishments too.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Winter Wonderland,
Hugs Pascale

Tinkertaylor said...

I feel almost festive. I love the old fashioned traditional look of your card.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, love all the details

Sid said...

This piece is very seasonal indeed, very nostalgic and dimensional. Love it !!!

Teri said...

Lovely card Sue! The embellishments are just gorgeous, but it's the whole layout and image that make it just fab!

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.

Teri xx

chris f said...

I like that stamp too, and the card is lovely. Traditional but very NOT traditional at the same time.
Ignore my email regarding fairy names - I see you are ahead of me!!
Chris x

Sarah said...

Every time I see this stamp, I wish I had broken down and bought it. I love that nostalgic look. You have presented it nicely.

Angelnorth said...

Fun desigh, love the St Nick stamp!

Anne said...

I think it's great to get old favourites out Sue, specially when they're seasonal stamps which wouldn't normally manifest till much later in the year. I love this stamp too and I love how you've used him here - the shading is perfectly subtle and I love the added embellies!! So glad you played along with us! :o) xx

dolcreations said...

Your card is wonderful for the Winterwonderland challenge. I love the embellishments.
Christine