Pages

Saturday 7 April 2012

It's egg season........

so I thought I'd introduce you to HUMPTY DUMPTY......
well, he is an egg after all!




 I saved some egg shells, painted them and then stamped, cut out and glued the rhyme inside

Humpty started life as a polystyrene egg and a porcelain doll quite some time ago.....he has been lurking around the studio for ages and must admit I was getting a bit bored with him so it's good to get him finished......

 ......the doll was dismembered and the parts added to the egg with Apoxie Clay......

 ......he then got crackled........at this point I sort of forgot he was a polystyrene egg and used the heat gun to dry the crackle........he went a bit lumpy as the polystyrene melted in places.....ooops!!

 Then he got painted and it went from there!

HAPPY EASTER!!

8 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Happy Easter Sue, I love your Humpty Dumpty and his bumps are perfect adds great texture. Love the egg shells with the nursery rhyme in, lovely touch. Tracy x x

Sarah Anderson said...

Happy Easter! I love the rhyme on the egg too, and so funny that you forgot Humpty was polystyrene! lol xx

Katie said...

Awesome...and kinda spooky!...as i would expect your awesome easter home! :0)

Sandy said...

Wow Sue this is so much fun and the photo´s from the progress fabulous.
Thanks so much and HAPPY EASTER my friend. xoxo

Hermine said...

Oh wow, that is so absolutely totally awesome! Happy easter to you too.

Effie said...

He's fabulous......Happy Easter..

Sid said...

Brilliant Mr HD !! Happy Easter Sue !!

Andy Skinner said...

Very nice Humpty!
There is a product called MagiKote for polystyrene, I have some but not got round to using it yet so cant say if its any good but am told it is.