Pages

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Fine feathers

Looking at EFFIES BLOG yesterday I saw that UK STAMPERS POSTCARD CHALLENGE theme this month is FEATHERED FRIENDS
 
 ........my first thought was to use this fine fellow in some sort of chicken/egg way.....but while rooting about looking for something to use with him I came across this fine feathered fellow and decided to use him instead.......he is an old Acey Deucy stamp and a long time favourite.


 My completed postcard...........

 Found these stamps that fitted in perfectly........

and  used some little mail art stamps that I've had FOREVER......great to be able to use them again!

I used an actual postcard.......again something I've had for AGES!

So, having completed my postcard I went to the UK STAMPERS site to see what to do to show my card to discover that I should have read it first!! The challenge includes a swapping of postcards that should be suitable to go through the post as is...........which mine isn't.....DUH!!! 
Oh well, having made the card I thought I'd show it anyway!!

18 comments:

vinny said...

That image is stunning. Have just joined UK stampers so am off to look and see if I can join in. Love your postcard even if it won`t go through the post ! x Lavinia

Netty said...

wow your postcard is fabulous am sure many people would love to swop with you despite the rules. Annette x

Sandy said...

Wow ths is brilliant Sue.
Stunning postcard. Love your work. xoxo

olive said...

never mind Sue, its a gorgeous card... xx

Angelnorth said...

Fab card, the native American stamp is lovely! If you took off the twine and beads (stamp something there instead?) and found a way to stick the feather firmly (or substituted a stamped one) you'd have a card that could be posted "naked" I reckon!

Effie said...

Bummer.... But it's a fab postcard!

Scrapmate said...

It's a fab postcard. Shame it won't be in the swap but maybe you could try Angelnorth's advice?

Anonymous said...

Can I just say...that I LOVE THIS!

Sid said...

It's a fab postcard though !! Next month I do hope you will enter Sue.

bockel24 said...

That´s what I call "thinking outside the box" - great!

thekathrynwheel said...

Oh, sod the rules! Enter it anyway! Love the postcard, and the dimensional elements really work well ;-)

Photocat said...

Stunning Sue... How neat that you also had matching stamps to go along with it. If I were you I'd put it in a little frame and hang in my studio! A very beautiful piece of art!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fantastic card! Sad it won't go through the post but I'm sure you'll enjoy keeping it anyway! Chris.

Sarah Anderson said...

gorgeous postcard! And proof it's worth keeping all those little bits and bobs :)

johanna said...

thanks for reminding me of that stamp, it is sitting in one of my drawers also and i love it!! the card you made is AWEsome!!!!!!!!!

Pat Beaumont said...

great postcard Sue - you could replicate it without the feather and bead and then it could be posted naked and you could keep the original

Pat Beaumont said...

great postcard Sue - you could replicate it without the feather and bead and then it could be posted naked and you could keep the original

jan said...

Hi, I absolutely love all of your work, it inspires me greatly.

I'm afraid I'm on the fence over the envelope/postcard situation so I won't get into that.

I do support you in your talent and your journey though and may it take you to places you haven't known, but wanted to visit.

From artist to artist Hugs Jan x