Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Face brushes

 A few posts ago I showed this face mould and brush as a WIP ..........

 not long afterwards I moulded some faces with air dry clay and added them to some paintbrushes.....added eyes and some nails......then they sat around to dry and for time for the next step to happen...................

So, today having been rained off the allotment I headed to the studio to play with them some more........I'm really happy with the way they came out
 

 I especially like the one-eyed one:)

Credit where it is due......I was completely inspired by Michael deMeng.....I do LOVE his work......he has made brushes with faces before now!

19 comments:

Sandy said...

Hihi so much fun Sue.
These are gorgeous. Love your art.

Cath Wilson said...

Brilliant, Sue and so you!

Helen said...

They are amazing!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I absolutely love them, they have an African feel to me. Love love love. The nails are a fabulous addition as are the other metal pieces. Tracy x

pearshapedcrafting said...

One eye is great but then so are the other two! Brilliant brushes - brilliant idea!

gayle said...

What fun! Love this idea!

Hermine said...

They are absolutely and totally awesome!

Sarah said...

these are great!

I have that same face mould but mine is all distorted after a heat gun accident some year ago.

to be honest though that just makes even weirder looking faces so it's not a bad thing :)

Siobhan Brignull said...

so clever Sue, Im very impressed . . x

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these and can see that the inspiration also cam from your recent holiday :)

Anonymous said...

ooh I like them alot :)

Willy said...

These are super, Sue!

Sid said...

Fantastic brush heads Sue !!

Effie said...

Absolutely fabulous!

Alison Horne said...

These are soooo wrong, and yet so right. Genious.

Alison Horne said...

ps whats a WIP? and where did you get the face molds?

Laura said...

Fun, spooky and atmospheric! Amazing.

sam21ski said...

Fantastic xxx

johanna said...

this is SUPER cool!!!
love your 1-2-3 also!