Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Zenkov cathedral

This is my favourite place in Almaty.....it is the Russian Orthodox Cathedral in Panfilov Park.....it is also called ZENKOV Cathedral
 I printed pics I took the other day......one in colour and a couple more in black and white.....I used the colour one complete and cut up the b&w ones into the spire sections.........

 ......and glued them together to make another version of the cathedral!

 I used the edge of a piece of card and the lid of a glue stick dipped in black paint to add the words.....liked this, will do it again!!


 To make the spire silhouettes, I used the paper I cut the spires from as a stencil.

I am entering this for this weeks TAKE A WORD challenge where the word is EXOTIC.....I looked up exotic and one definition is....from another part of the world, foreign.....I think this qualifies!

17 comments:

Zue said...

How inventive!!
Sue x

Helen said...

Love the silhouettes. And it is a stunning building.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Stunning building, I love the silhouettes, they would look great used in a Halloween project too. Great idea or the text. Tracy x

Effie said...

Fabulous....looks like a very inspiring building.

Deann said...

Beautiful haunting work Sue...I enjoy your many different aspects of the subject superb. I love those onion dome buildings myself they are just gorgeous!!!

Barb Cady said...

Beautiful page Sue, I share your love of awesome buildings, and I really love the way you have used the black and white photographs. They would make terific stamps!
Barb x

indybev said...

Thank you so much for sharing your process of creation for this interesting piece. It's fascinating the way you "built" it. Well done!

Yvonne said...

So unique, I love it, Sue!

Sid said...

Fab how you have done the word Sue !!

Willy said...

What a stunning creation. Sue!

olive said...

oohhh how fabulous Sue.... loving it. hugs xxx

Deborah said...

So inventive - love it!

Rosie said...

You're so inventive - I;d never have thought of this but isn't it fab?? Great work!

Taluula said...

Oh wow, Sue, I am so impressed at your talent and inventiveness.

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just amazing love those silhouettes,hugs cherylx

A'n'G Johnson said...

What BEAUTIFUL pages! Love it.

I'd be honored if you would check out this project:

http://acommunityartproject.blogspot.com/2011/02/project.html

Lori Saul said...

Totally exotic and what a wonderful project. Loved seeing all of the steps to its perfection!