Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2011

TWIT

TWOO!!
A while ago I asked Lily at OCTOPODE FACTORY if she would design some bird and owl images for me .......these are the OWLS she came up with!
 And this is my first play with them! 
They are available as digi images in her Etsy shop.......although I am a rubber stamper at heart the one thing I do like about digi images is that you can re-size them!

 They are coloured with GRAPHITINT watercolour crayons.............


 ..........the branches and leaves were done with the card dipped in paint method........

 ........and the OWL word is one I carved myself!
A friend gave me a lino carving tool and blades for Christmas so I put it to use when I found these cheap erasers at the supermarket.......its fun and easy to do, have a go!!! I like the extra lines and dots etc but you don't have to have those!

23 comments:

G Peplow said...

Ooh! lucky you to have stamps designed to order:0) What a brilliant job you've done with them too. The dark shading really makes the owls stand out, love the whole page:0)xxx

cheryl said...

oh wow this is amazing hun,the stamps are just great,and love the shading,really makes it stand out hugs cheryl xxxx

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

Magnificent page and those digistamps are gorgeous ! But, I love all Lilys stuff ;-)

Unknown said...

What cool owls, I love what you have done with them. cool rubber idea to

Love Dawn xx

Ellie said...

The owls are a hoot (sorry, someone had to, might as well be me) and look gorgeous, I'm off to buy some cheap rubbers, the word looks fab! Love your blog, it's always an inspiration.

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE THIS LOADS!!! those owls are FAB... and the handmade stamp is coooool!!

Effie said...

oooooo...they look like they're up to no good!

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

oi!
obrigado pelo doce comentario no meu blog!

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

Fantastica forma que voce estampou!

Minxy said...

Absolutely loving these, i saw them on Lili's blog but i just dont do digi..but you do it very well indeed. i hope she brings them out in rubber i really do!

Carol Q said...

fab Sue. those guys look really mean. you are brill at colouring! reminds me a book I read as a kid called "|The Owl Service"

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

They are like the evil cousins of my owls lol

love the colours you chose.

Anonymous said...

Love them! Octopode rocks! Very powerful page!

Sid said...

Fab images and love the carved owl word stamp !!

Maria Sabina R. said...

fantastic! congrats on this piece of art! i love it!

Lollyrot

Unknown said...

This is so great!!! I love it!

Siobhan Brignull said...

theyre faces are just so expressive, love them though I bought the long leggedy bird set

Kirsten Alicia said...

Ooh, owls with attitude! They're great.

Unknown said...

this is a fantastic layout, i think the beauty of digi is the re-sizing of the images!

Sandy said...

Woooooooooooow love it. What is this cool.
Stuuning pages.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Sarah Anderson said...

what fabulously fabulous owls Lily designed; and I love your carved words - it's definitely easier carving an eraser than lino ;)

Audrey said...

LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Love all your jounalpages but this one really is one of my favorites! Love everything about it!