Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Triptych

It's time for another STAMPOTIQUE DESIGNERS CHALLENGE....I can't believe how quickly the time goes between challenges! Ayway this time you are challenged to create a TRIPTYCH card.
 Here is my example.
 This is one of my all time favourite Stampotique stamps.




Change of subject.....more of my life here in Kazakhstan. Today we went to a huge market called BARAHOLKA.....when I say huge I mean HUGE....it stretches down both sides of a 4km stretch of road!
 This bloke was selling DHOMBRA....local guitars.

 This was our friend Kyle trying on fur hats......not something I would buy personally!!

 Cooking and selling shashlick (meat kebabs) by the side of the road............

 .....selling fruit and veg......

 ....see that little clay mound? it's a clay oven called a tandoor (same as in India) that is used to cook bread by the roadside.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow love the card.........but that market!! LOL

Maria Sabina R said...

you have no idea how much i love the crow backround ! so spooky so sweet!

Kaz said...

Sue this is stunning! I think that woman in your photo may be a little cold!! xx

Carol Q said...

fab Tryptych Sue - your sentiment cracked me up. lol I could do with visiting that market - looks fascinating. you can get some really good food in places like this can't you?

Parabolic Muse said...

This is so interesting... And that tryptich is really cool. I've never used stampotique images, but I like em!

Basement Stamper said...

Sue, love all the details on this, the paint, the crows, fabulous creation this week!

Shannon said...

Great triptych card. I like the black, white, grays and blues, they all work so well for this card and it's a palette of colors you don't see often. I really like how you did the brick showing through. You do great work. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Anonymous said...

LOL what i meant was 'Wow, that market' I would love to have been there, it looks a hive of interest and the people look so interesting..a true experience.

thekathrynwheel said...

I love love love this card. I saw it and wished I had made it hahahah! Lovely work :-)

Vicki G said...

What a gorgeous card!!! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Stunning tryptich! Love the whole atmosphere, what a wonderful job you did!

Shannon said...

I love, love, love this Stampotique card you made, it's awesome!!

Sue said...

Didn't need to see the name to know this was your's Sue - I love it, the colours, the images, everything. I would certainly like to visit that market! x

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of image, love the added sentiment for your scene!

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Very kewl tryptych! The colors are wonderful and the layout is wicked!
Val :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful triptych, great spooky look.