Pages

Monday 14 March 2011

Long thin slimy ones........

short fat juicy ones...........see how they wriggle and squirm.....WORMS that is!!!
While reading the comments left on my post re art journalling one made me smile.......it was from NIGEL, he was talking about opening cans of worms (prompted him to make a page...see it HERE)................. it made me think of this old rhyme.

So I decided to make it into a page! Having talked about not writing on my pages I am continuing my campaign to get over it!
Not that you will see much personal being said, just silly rhymes and quotes! I wrote the rhyme within wavy lines to represent the worms!
After sketching in the words to make sure they fitted into the lines etc it took a good couple of evenings in front of the TV to work over them with a black pen.

11 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great page Sue, love the journalling, very effective in the wavy lines, great idea especially with journaling about worms. I was intrigued when I saw the title LOL. Tracy x

Helen said...

This is great!! and thanks for doing the rhyme, cos I was struggling to remember how it went - my late sister and I used to say it all the time....

Effie said...

Yuk! worms..... but great pages!

Nigel said...

Blast & botheration - you beat me to it!

Never mind, there are other ideas to be done lol

Brilliant page :)

Lynn in Tucson said...

I love your lettering!

olive said...

love that poem..... unusual journalling topic. great hugs xxx

Siobhan Brignull said...

that poem is fab and yoru writing looks grand too.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Fab pages!

Sid said...

Interesting words and design Sue !

Ingrid Dijkers said...

Awesome lettering!!!

Sarah Anderson said...

loving your lettering journey, it all looks fab!