Pages

Sunday 13 February 2011

What size are you?

Sorry about the personal question!!
Actually it relates to the challenge theme over on ALTERED ALICE blog which is changes in form or dress forms........inspired by the passage in the book where Alice gets bigger and then smaller.
The challenge now runs over a month, the DT taking turns to show inspiration pieces throughout the month.......its my turn this weekend.
 This is a double journal page spread in my A5 Moleskine journal.

 I used the head off one of the digi OCTOPODE FACTORY Alice figures on top of a stamped dress form.

 The background for the pages is a tissue dress pattern that I glued to the page and then coloured over. I also glued some of the tissue onto card and then stamped the mushrooms over it and cut them out.
The mushroom and button stamps I used here are from STAMPOTIQUE who are very kindly sponsoring this months challenge at ALTERED ALICE.

13 comments:

Sarah Feeney said...

This is sooooo cool!! Awesome work!!

Lynne Phelps said...

I absolutely LOVE the use of sewing patterns! I used to do a LOT of sewing, so seeing it used in an altered rather than a sweetly vintage way is SO refreshing!!!! LOVE the background, love the dress form, but the detail that really grabs me is the scissors cut-line on the right giant shroom! You know I am all about the little details and that one just makes me smile! Lovely, lovely pages!

Effie said...

Fabulous Alice. as for size..... I couldn't possibly say!

The Octopode Factory said...

this is fabulous sue!

Crafting Queen said...

Love your creation!!!

Sarah Anderson said...

love the combination of the dress form and the octopode head! And a great phrase - I'm short!!!!

Netty said...

Brilliant. x

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, that's stunning!! Hope you had a safe journey.

Barb Cady said...

Brilliant as ever! great inspiration. By the way - hope you are second home safe!

Siobhan Brignull said...

gorgeous, and in my head Im a 10 in reality, well that would be telling LOL

Anonymous said...

Its lovely Sue, the dress pattern in the background is a nice touch, and that head..............and the mushrooms............brilliant work.

Nigel said...

Wonderful page, and the octopode head fits very well with the body.

As to my size? Too big - I need to go on a diet!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic pages, great combination of colours and stamping.