Pages

Saturday 19 February 2011

Been There, Done That!

 No, not me bragging but the title of CRUSADE 48 on GREEN PEPPER PRESS STREET TEAM this month. We are challenged to document recent events, outings or trips in our journals. As regular visitors here will know I like to do this already so it's not that much of a challenge for me but more a chance to do what I already like doing! This spread is in my big A4 journal.

 These pages are made with pics I took at LA BREA TAR PITS museum in LA earlier this month. They are simply printed in gray scale on ordinary printer paper and cut out.......I like that look!

 A DIRE WOLF........what a cool name for a creature......I wonder why its DIRE???
 SABRE TOOTH CAT......not tiger apparently......I really liked them and the way this one all but fills the page!

 EAGLE TOE BONES make a fab background.


Change of subject ........keeping up with what's happening here in Almaty.....this was the view from the balcony outside our appartment this morning......more snow, fog and it's COLD!!!

13 comments:

Minxy said...

Interesting page, really stands out :D

Sid said...

Love your skeletal remains Sue ! :-)

olive said...

ooohhhh arent you high up Sue...... keep warm and safe inside keeping us all inspired. Hugs xxx

michelle ward said...

Sue - what a fearsome and fearless spread. Love how you captured the subjects of your visit. Terrific colors. Great style. Thanks for sharing with the team!!

goudenregen said...

Great effect with your photo's, must be an interesting museum.

SUE said...

I knew those photos would appear at some stage or another ...
Keep warm !!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I loved that day out and in contrast to your snow, we had sun and blue skies....thanks for reminding me x

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, a fab journal page, it's so 'you'! I can see why you liked that museum :-)

Rosie said...

Ooo I LOVE the sound of the Dire Wolf - how spooky and expressive! Very interesting to see you using greyscale like this - something I'd never thought of!

Sarah said...

cool - ever since you first posted pics of this trip I've been hoping they would make their way onto a journal page of their own :)

Ingrid Dijkers said...

I really like the look of the gray scale printed on regular printer paper, gives a VERY nice look and so appropriate for skeletal imagery. Outstanding journal pages altogether!
All my best-
Ingrid

Anonymous said...

This spread is so wonderful--I love the color balance and the outlines letters, which are a great transition into the pages. Dire Wolf is Canis dirus or 'abominable dog'--the only true North American-evolved wolf. I could see how he would be abominable with those big teeth!

Parabolic Muse said...

THIS is totally groovy! I love these images. You are so right, though...the pits can be SPOOKY!

I'm glad to find your site through the street team. Thank you for sharing!