Pages

Thursday 24 February 2011

Oh no.....

.....those pesky PICKLED BABIES are back!!! And this time they have got themselves trapped inside lightbulbs!!!......the lightbulbs are a stamp available from THE ARTISTIC STAMPER


 This page sees something of a first for me......I WROTE ON MY PAGES WITH MY OWN HAND WRITING!!
 That doesn't sound like such a big deal.........but for ME it is!! I find it SO HARD to write on my pages......I use words but they are usually stamped or stencilled or printed and cut up and glued in place......I think I get scared of spoiling the page by writing on it.....stupid or what??? LOL

 I am resolved to get over myself and write on my pages more!



 Changing the subject.....I just wanted to share this great pendant I bought yesterday at the vendors day at the Womens Club I belong to ....it is based on the petroglyph figures that are carved into some rocks outside of Almaty.

16 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

love the pickled babies, and writing in your own hand is soooo hard :)) yours is brilliant
xx

Helen said...

Still love your pickled babies! That pendant is so YOU!
I haven't journalled largely because of the writing so I think your usual method is great.

Effie said...

Ohhhhhhh.. handwriting, a step too far for me! Very brave of you and it looks great! Love the trapped babies!

Nigel said...

I think these babies are slowly growing on me.
I'm with you on the handwriting. I'm ok if it's big stylised text, but my own scrawl is largely illegible.

Sarah said...

Ah – everyone hates their own handwriting – that’s the law! :)

I try and write on most of my journal pages, because then they feel more personal to me. And besides, it’s so much quicker and easier to just write! But I still prefer the ones where I rubberstamp all the words :)

Loving the babies in the lightbulbs

Sid said...

Think your hand-written words look very good Sue, much better than my horrible hand !! Mmmmmm .... pickled babies !!

Laura (Faerielore) said...

Love this journal page, pickled babies are fab !!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great use of the light bulbs Sue and very brave using your own writing that's one thing that puts me off journaling LOL and like you say WHY! Absolutely FAB pendant, love it. Tracy x

thekathrynwheel said...

Yay! Welcome back pickled babies! Nice writing :-) You should do it more often! x

johanna said...

i also know that fear of spoiling my pages with my handwriting... silly, huh? but your´s looks great!
love the babes in the light bulbs, what a funny idea!

Anonymous said...

Love that pendant...

pearshapedcrafting said...

Totally get what you mean about fear of spoiling with your own writing - yours looks great - mine doesn't always but as Doris used to sing..."whatever will be will be".
Love the colours on this, jury is still out on pickled babies!!

Carol Q said...

yep - with you on the handwriting thing Sue. great pages. aren't those pickled horrors fab?

Carol said...

Well Sue, those pickled babies are darn scary, but I'm loving the pendant. It's very similar to most prehistoric images of women and of course the most famous; The Venus of Wellendorf. Lovely.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow. Where do I start. Your scary babes are indeed creepy and you always work with them in such appealing manner, keeping us wanting some more. How cool to put them inside lightbulbs and jars.

Sandy said...

Yeah this rock. This babies are so cool. Brilliant pages Sue.

Have a lovely weekend.