Pages

Friday 4 February 2011

5 little books

are what I made on a workshop with SARAH ANDERSON before I headed off to LA but did not get chance to show till now. I am now home from LA with the dreaded jet lag playing havoc with my head and my insides so it was quite nice having these sitting around just needing photographing!


I have to admit that my fingers are itching to make something, a week without and I am in withdrawal, so no doubt I will have more to share over the weekend!
 Here they are all together neatly closed........

 This one has torn edge pages and an accordion folded spine........

 ...... which you can see better here.......

 ........two sets of pages iside this one.............

 ......a tiny star book, and yes, we stitched the pages together!..........

 ........a simple folded booklet with its own sleeve..............

......a palm leaf book.................
and all together again opened up!
All the decoration on these was done with a bit of sequin waste, a couple colours of spray ink and some silly quotes from old books! Add a few buttons and cord and voila as the saying goes!

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow Sue your little books rock. So unique design. I love them.

Happy weekend for you.

Deborah said...

Brilliant books! I love the colours you chose too.

Siobhan Brignull said...

sure it wasnt as simple as you make out, they look ab fab
verification is "oublada", oublada life goes on, hey lalalala life goes on.... :)

Kirsten Alicia said...

They're fantastic.

Sid said...

Fab set of books Sue !!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Sue, these are AMAZING! My hubby was just saying he wants to start making books. None as artsy as these, I expect! xxD

Lynne Phelps said...

What fun! I love it that they are all similar and yet every one is different with all those various binding techniques. Clearly sequin waste is on the top of my list, love the effect!