Pages

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Russian tea house!

Ok this is a bit of a silly thing but I had fun making it! I have had the thought in my head for a while now that I wanted to make a house from a tea box (and I've no idea why!!) and then yesterday the theme on CRAZY AMIGOS was HIGH TEA so there was my cue!

 Today while I was at the supermarket I bought this cheap box of tea bags.......I was more concerned about what the box looked like than the tea!

 I dismembered the box, added some paper from a local newspaper to complete the roof and put it back together to make this RUSSIAN TEA HOUSE!!

 I needed someone to visit my tea house so I invited HEART SHIRT boy!


 BIRDS ON A WIRE finished off the house and served to hide the messy join along the roof line!!

12 comments:

cheryl said...

oh love this hun,just gorgoues,great idea,hugs cheryl xxxx

Willy said...

Love your Russian tea house, Sue. Very creative!

Effie said...

Fabulous! Tea! marvelous stuff!

Sid said...

Great piece Sue !! How inventive !!

Lynn in Tucson said...

I love it! I've been hoarding tea boxes lately - I used one the other day as a cover for a little notebook to keep in my purse.

olive said...

love it Sue..... hugs xx

Netty said...

Totally inspirational Sue. Fab house. Annette x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Very ingenious fabulous . I love it . Marie

Tinkertaylor said...

Fab house so imaginative

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea for this theme Sue. Love it!

Carol Q said...

ha brilliant Sue! love your tea box.

D said...

Wonderful!