Pages

Saturday 26 February 2011

In a Secret Garden

The idea for this page came my friend CAROL who runs a craft shop called THE CUBBY HOLE in my home town. On her blog there is an ongoing challenge theme of THE SECRET GARDEN.

 The flowers are from THE OCTOPODE FACTORY first rubber stamp release (just the flower heads, I added the stems and leaves)
 As a child I read the book THE SECRET GARDEN by Frances Hodgson Burnett.....I looked the book up and was surprised to find that its working title had been MISTRESS MARY apparently referring to the nursery rhyme MARY MARY QUITE CONTRARY which in itself has an interesting history alternately being said to refer to Mary Queen of Scots, Mary 1 of England or Catholicism!....click the links if you want to read more.
 I wrote the nursery rhyme along the flower stems.



Finaly I will leave you with a pic of the beautiful cathedral in the snow in PANFILOV PARK yesterday..........when the temp was -15!!

15 comments:

Effie said...

Ohhhhhh...they look like they're comming to get me!Spooky stuff!

Helen said...

Love those flowers, great idea to write the rhyme along the stems.
The cathedral looks amazing in the snow - well worth getting cold to capture it.

Sid said...

Fab flowers Sue, again your journalling words are looking good !!

Dymphie said...

such wonderful flowers, love this work of you so much. Great snow pic! Sending some spring your way :)

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

sue....love your take on the theme. All your pages are great though!

Rosie said...

Lovely to hear about the inspiration behind this - The Secret Garden was one of my childhood favourites. Think I empathised with the grumpy child .....

Crafting Queen said...

Great page, love the flowers. Beautiful photo as well. :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great page,Sue. There is so much detail in it. I didn't know that Carol, had a challenge blog! Must go and pull at 'that man's' ear ;)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this.Beautiful colours. Had my first(but not my last) visit to the Cubby Hole with Sarah this week, it's a great place, didn't quite spend a fortune!(Do you know the poem lady!!!?)
Chris

Minxy said...

Absolutely love love love these pages, the colour, how it all pops, just fab x
Must check out those stamps!

Carol Q said...

just one word Sue..... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!! lol fab page. journaling along the stems works really well.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You're amazing. Sorry about the cold temps.

Nigel said...

Blimey, it's almost cute!

johanna said...

i want to be in this garden!! and the wonderful pic of the cathedral is worth suffering the cold;)
great work, as always...

Anonymous said...

I love your page Sue, the flowers remind me of the ones from Alice in Wonderland.........