Pages

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Pretentious? Moi?

Not wanting to sound pretentious or anything but I have discovered that "my head has to be in the right place" to be creative! Or to put it more simply.......I have to feel settled!
I wonder if you find the same thing??
At the moment I'm not that settled..................the reason................well it's a good reason.......we are having a new kitchen fitted............
............this is what it looks like this morning...........the floor is being tiled this very minute but it does mean I can't get into my workroom......it's behind the door with the calendar hanging on it!

So, I'll show you a journal page that I made last week..............it's not finished..........it's a double page, below is the right hand page, it needs some words but not got round to those yet!

I used a couple more digi mages that I got from DLLYBEANSTAMPS

 and I added a moustache to the skelly.........makes me smile!

 Spooky pumpkin!

I really liked the way this part of the pages came out.........gesso through a square stencil......paint........more stencilling over the top with a tree stencil.

4 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love the journal page Sue, the squares are very effective with the branches and I love the skeleton holding a heart and the spooky pumpkin is fab. Kitchen is coming along now, there will be a massive difference tomorrow when the flooring is down. Tracy x

Sandy said...

Reallly creepy page Sue.
Very creative. I love it.

Carol Q said...

fab journal pages Sue. something interesting about the branches against the squares. I totally know what you mean about feeling settled - I can't create unless I've done my chores which is very sad but I've given up fighting it!

Sid said...

Fab stuff and poor you enduring the kitchen makeover !! It'll be worth it in the end though.