Pages

Sunday 23 October 2011

All things weird and wonderful

 Yesterday my friend Sarah...... of ART OF MOODLING fame..........and I headed to Knighton on the Shropshire/Welsh borders to go to an open studio event. There was lots of fun stuff to see...........first the WEIRD! The angel/cupid thing on the wall above was huge and gaudy and to make it worse THERE WERE TWO OF THEM!
 Then there were these bucket lamps.............I kinda liked these:)

 And this was a ship covered in carpet..........HMS AXMINSTER!

And now the WONDERFUL!
  This piece was entitled............THE VOLES THINK GOD IS DEAD!.....this I really liked:)
The dog in a chess pieces box and all the pieces below are by a fav artist of mine......LUCY CASSON.....Sarah and I wanted to go to one of her workshops but the only 2 she is doing are full:( We did talk to Lucy about future workshops so fingers crossed.

 I LOVED these crows!

 The Pastry Cook!!

Lucys little figures all have such character!
Another fabulous day out......nothing better!

7 comments:

Sid said...

Wonderful stuff !!

Rolina said...

Oh, wow, I do love Lucy's figures, they remind me a little of The Clangers. Are they made from recycled tin?

I rather like the bucket lamps, too!

And the poor Godless voles :(

Netty said...

Loving Lucy's pieces and thank you for sharing. x

Carolyn Dube said...

Oh, what a fantastic day! So many unusual items to fuel imaginations!

Photocat said...

Somebody is playing music inthere... Love the wall with the little frames. And the voles are precious. Must have been a soul feeding day for the two of you!

Sarah Anderson said...

It was such a fab day out! Don't think I've laughed so much in ages ;)

Siobhan Brignull said...

those figures are super cool, think you should start a Wierd and Wonderful places to visit blog, you always seem to find such gems.