Pages

Sunday 16 October 2011

Lynne Perrella

As I said in my last post I went to a workshop taught by LYNNE PERRELLA on Friday.

This is what I made!

 I really liked what Lynne called her "low tech" approach..........not using lots of  overly expensive "stuff".
I mean you have to buy some"stuff" but sometimes not so expensive "stuff" can look great too! And the other thing about using individual "stuff" is that your work doesn't then look like everyone elses! I have always liked to use found things in my work so this approach suited me!
Not to give anything away here as it is Lynnes workshop but I think I can tell you that that face started as a very un-promising looking photocopy that had most of us looking sideways at it! Lynne said that although we were learning her method of working our finished pieces should still look like WE made them. I hope you think this looks like I made it!

 There were lots of stamps available to use to make embellishments but I decided against that (as part of the individuality thing) and when I discovered a bag of black feathers what came to be known as my spirit bundles came into being!

 This brass number 2 is the only thing I have added since I came home......it was meant to be used as a house number on your front door.......again that "found" object thing!

15 comments:

Elly said...

I don't know if it looks like you, but it looks like something i want to learn also because i really like the Artsy - Nature - Look you made. Great!!

Sandy said...

Wow this is wonderful.
Gorgeous play with this stamps. Awesome.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Looks fabulous Sue, love the layers of colour and you would not believe that was a photocopied image. Love all the numbers too. Tracy xv

Sid said...

Great triptych Sue, looks fab all together and finished now. We had a great time too !!

Effie said...

What a lovely piece of work...love the feathers.

Photocat said...

O my goodness... you did a class with Lynne? THE Lynne? It looks like one of those tryptichs we saw in Venice a couple of years ago, and of course less religious. Although, black feathers are as you say spiritually. One religion against another! I did a class in Harrogate on thursday. Looks like we both are in the class cirquit. When are YOU going to give a class? Or is that a blunt question? Your book that I bought could use some real life input...

Carol Q said...

I really like this Sue but my brain's dead from revising and I haven't got the vocabulary to explain why! lol

Lynne Phelps said...

I LOVE this! Triptychs are a favorite form, it just adds so much to show a design that way. And it still looks like Sue, so you totally achieved your objective! Love the misaligned faces and the layered patterns and numbers! How wonderful to attend a workshop with Lynne, I would leap at the chance! I am a huge fan of Lynne from her old Acey Duecy stamp days, love that rubber of her pen and ink sketches. And of course, she spells her name right, LOL! ;-)

roc said...

wow this is wonderful! how awesome for you to have this experience!!

Cath Wilson said...

It's very you, Sue and I love it. So envious you got to work with Lynne and I bet it was brilliant. Lovely, lovely work and defnitely your cup of tea, though I'm surprised there's no skull in there, he, he x

Sheilagh said...

Oh yes this is delicious, love the colours.

Trish Latimer said...

I wondered what was going to end up in the space!! The two looks fabulous, but then the whole thing is fabulous. Totally amazed me how you were a good girl and did things how she told you, but then put your own spin on it so the result was so you!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

It's so beautiful! Every project from these classes that I've seen is completely different. Everyone did a great job & I wish I could have been there.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!