Pages

Tuesday 25 June 2013

My weekend

 I spent this past weekend in Suffolk. I have afriend who lives there so I get to visit quite often.On Saturday we planned visits to 2 open artist studios.....the first was that of CYNDI SPEER
I bought two prints that I'm looking forward to getting framed and hung. The second was that of COLIN SLEE  I didn't buy anything at this one but my friend bought 2 pictures.

 Inbetween the studio visits we went to SUTTON HOO for lunch....one of the prints I bought features the beautiful creature above which is to be found as part of the shield decoration

The famous helmet.....this is a reproduction of what it would have looked like.

As well as the arty visiting there was also a little shopping:) I got this fabulous ledger for only £3......and these galvanised troughs....for a bit more than £3:).....to use in the garden

On Sunday we headed into Essex to go to THE BETH CHATTO GARDEN

it was very beautiful

on the way back we stopped off in Dedham to visit the church, St Marys

it has a Tudor brick tower and we were able to take a tour of the tower climbing up the spiral staircase inside........my poor aching legs can tell you how steep they were

part way up you get to see the bells and the clock mechanism.....
on the way down we got to ring the bells! That was great fun:)

So, now I am home again and the troughs are in my garden.....thanks to my neighbour who got them out of the car for me....they are heavy and awkward! I think this one is going to live here, it just needs something to stand on....some bricks I think

planted this tub I already had with some of the plants I bought at Beth Chatto

and just need to decide where to put this other trough and where to use the rusty plant support

So, a pretty good weekend full of lots of things I love doing!!

No comments: