Pages

Thursday 27 September 2012

It's pickling season!

Or the time of year to put things in jars.........I have been doing some traditional pickling and chutney making and I had a spare Kilner jar sitting around so
 I also made 
THIS!
 This was really hard to photograph! The jar being see through and light reflecting off it just made it really hard to get a decent pic........so decided to show the individual bits that make it up!

 So, the doll that sits inside................

 ........the jar itself..................this is coloured with black paint and red alcohol ink.....

 ...tried painting the inside with black paint but it didn't work how I wanted so rinsed the paint out....that left speckles of black paint on the inside which I really liked!
 
Made the jar lid into a little pin cushion.......at ths point it's time to give credit where it's due.....it was this post on Effies blog that gave me the idea for this piece.
Added some skull beads to pins to sit in the pin cushion.

So, here she is trapped in her jar, peering out hoping for rescue!
 

6 comments:

Carol Q said...

ROFL - you vile woman - how fabulous!

Effie said...

Fabulous.... I hope she stays in there, she looks like she's looking for trouble!

Julia S-W said...

All I can think of is that her mascara has run!! Sorry! Just love those little skull pins.
Julia

lmp said...

Very, very cool.

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow.. scary and coool!

hazel said...

I love this lots and lots, its fabulous.
xxx Hazel.