Pages

Sunday 15 August 2010

ABSOLOM!

SUNDAY POST CARD ART is a challenge site I have been aware of for some time but I have never take part in any of their challenges...........until today that is! How could I resist the theme of MUSHROOMS as I seem to have been playing with this mushroom stamp all week!

Have also been a little ALICE obsessed recently, even more so than usual as I have been using the new Graphic 45 papers so I decided to combine Alice with the mushroom.

If you have seen Tim Burtons film version of Alice you will know that Absolom (the caterpillar) turns into a beautiful butterfly who Alice sses at the end of the film..................I'm not such a butterfly fan so in my version here Absolom turns into a moth!


Thought I would also show you another version of the journal page I made a few posts back.......that now lives with Wendy at The Stamp Attic so I made another version for me. A little more stamping on this one, there's that mushroom again!

20 comments:

Martina said...

Sue, your art blows me away. This is a beautiful piece...every detail is perfect. Standing O from me!

indybev said...

Great "shroom" work, Sue!

Zue said...

You are so good at mushrooms and the colour schemes that accompany them. I love those earthy tones!
Nice one, Sue
Sue A xx

Willy said...

Wonderful mushrooms pieces, Sue!

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful journal pages Sue, so very creative and fun!

Helen said...

Beautiful. Got to get that mushroom stamp (and so much more...)

Carol Q said...

O..MG - fab Sue. The stamps in your Absalom piece all look like they belong together and what cool journal pages. I think I have those little butterflies stashed away somewhere.

Moniqui said...

Sue, this is so awesome!

Anonymous said...

oh i love Alice and the way you create the card and the book is soooooo fantastic!!!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Don't the mushrooms work well with Alice Sue, and I love the web in the background too. All the elements work really well together. Tracy x

Nigel said...

Wonderful as usual. I've seen that moth before, is it still available?

G Peplow said...

Love this work, it's really inspiring :D xx

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous Sue!
x

Cindy McMath said...

Oh wow, Sue, these are all brilliant! I just bought a sheet of the Halloween in Wonderland paper and of course had to order a whole pad of it - so cool. Hope you will play on Sunday Postcard Art more often in future - I always enjoy seeing your work!

Cindy :)

Sarah said...

I absoutley adore your Alice creations. They are stunning.

Anonymous said...

Great Artwork as usual,Sue.

I would never have bought that mushroom stamp , but you certainly made me want to buy it now.

I've not yet seen the caterpillar in site ;)

Anonymous said...

Love your postcard and your 'Alice' pages are just gorgeous. S x

yasmindeboo said...

Love your postcard its just super. Great journal pages too. Looking forward to browse and see more of your art.

Lynne Phelps said...

What wonderful Alice projects. You are really inspiring me! LOVE the mushrooms, I'll have to see where I can get them stateside! And I totally NEED these papers NOW! Your art journal work is amazing!

cheryl said...

just had to pop over,too see this again in person,so to speak just love what you have created here,I totaly adore your artwork pure delight,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx