Pages

Saturday 31 October 2009

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT........



HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!

A journal page to set the scene! I saw the quote on another blog somewhere this week, sorry can't remember where :(

Have been working on this for few days now ready for the actual day! The skull is a ceramic money box, I bought one for my nephew for Christmas last year and he thought it was fab!! I bought another one for me to play with! I added the bats down the side of his face using Diamond Glaze and tissue paper, I like the way it sort of looks like a tattoo.

Another of those leaves I have been playing with painting and stamping on, this one has been embossed to make it shiny, the texture is quite leathery! The pumpkin is plaster of paris in a chocolate mould and then coloured!

Another coloured/stamped leaf and more pumpkins decorate the saucer he is sitting on.

PS. Spot the peel-off?

6 comments:

Dylan said...

Aaaaargh its killing me, cos I know its in there somewhere..lmao xx
Happy Halloween babe. xx

Sid said...

Great pieces with loads of techniques...have a very spooky Halloween Sue !!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pumpkin Day my little Halloween freak.............loving that skull and specially his tattoo!!

Anonymous said...

Methinks the peel off is the Happy Halloween wording? Anyway, have a very Happy Halloween, Sue, I know it's one of your favourite days!
I love this piece and the journal page - plan on working on one myself this evening if the witches and ghoulies don't get me first!
Chris x

Sarah Anderson said...

That journal page is very atmospheric. And love the 'H' and the skull. I'd prefer the pumpkins to be chocolate ones myself but it's a great idea ;)
I've clicked on those photos to look at them 'big size', and I still can't spot the peeloff!!!
Have a lovely evening, we're going to watch Coraline, not seen it yet

Hels Sheridan said...

Brilliant...and I just love those bats...I have been longing to own that stamp for ages...still can't get hold of it tho!! Loving all your Hallowe'en art x