Pages

Sunday 12 April 2009

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY.....HAPPY EASTER!

I have the pleasure of hosting this weeks challenge on MIXED MEDIA MONDAY. My chosen theme is EASTER (bit predictable I know but hey ho!!)and my inspiration for the theme are my rabbits or are they hares??



(click for bigger view)


These were bought as really naff ornaments with strange fabric wrapped around the wire frames at the bottom and the bodies at the top. I dismembered them to discover a polystyrene body that the wire frame for the skirt was pushed into and that the arms, head and ears were also on wires that were pushed into place. It was all a bit wobbly and fell apart but that was Ok as it made it easier to decorate the bits seperately and then put it back together.


To get an idea of scale, the bigger one is over a foot tall!




The fabric skirts were replaced with strips of coloured and stamped paper cut to size and glued to the wire frame, I also added flowers made from buttons and leaf beads twisted onto wire.




6 comments:

Carol Q said...

Sue, these are wonderful. love the colours you've used and those ears are to die for! LOL

My Creative House said...

Sue - thanks for a wonderful challenge, love your easter rabbits, they are so beautiful.

June said...

Ohhhh so fun !! Love these bunnies/hares etc lol great work and a lot of fun
Hugs June x

Yvonne said...

Love them bunnies!

Char said...

This is just fabulous. Sounds like you had a fun time with the bunnies.

Janny said...

They are gorgeous!