Pages

Thursday 12 November 2009

TICK TOCK


A while ago I saw a fab journal on INGRID DIJKERS blog where she had wired washers etc along the edge of a journal page and I just loved the way it looked. There is a lot of STEAMPUNK stuff around at the moment and the washers etc reminded me of that too.
So, here is my version! This a big acetate tag that I coloured with alcohol inks, stamped the numbers..PAPERARTSY CLOCKS PLATES 7 & 8.... onto coloured card, cut out and glued to the tag.
Next punch holes in the acetate with Cropadile and then use wire to attach the various washers and nuts etc.
I think I am going to attach this onto a book cover with the scews at the top.

8 comments:

Helen said...

Sue, this looks fantastic! I love the washers, - they look awesome

Sarah Anderson said...

I just love this and had the privilege of seeing, and touching (!), it in real life yesterday. The spiky looking washers (can't remember what they were called!)are a great addition, and those numbers are some of my favourite stamps of the moment :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow Sue this is fabulous! I've raided my husband's drawers before but never like this! Love the stamps too. Wonder how difficult it is to ship to the U.S. (I can see following your blog will be detrimental to the pocketbook.) xxD

Sid said...

Ohhh..... gorgeous creation Sue !!

Jan said...

Fantastic Sue! Just LOVE the washer effect.

Sarah said...

love it!

Neet said...

This is nothing short of FAB-U-LOUS. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue!
Thought I'd brave the scary blog again, and I'm glad I did! This is brilliant, must go raid my OH's toolboxes! Lol!
Alison xx