Thursday, 25 March 2010
As things continue to be hectic here in the run up to my move I find I have less and less time to create and to play and I really miss it!
A couple of evenings ago I decided I needed a play fix so I got out a box of saved postage stamps and sat and went through them and pulled out all the bird themed ones I could find.
Then I created a painty/inky background on a journal page, let it dry and then glued the bird stamps to it in a rough square.
Next came a layer of gesso that was sort of dried with a heat gun, then rubbed over with a couple Distress ink colours, again roughly dried and then more gesso and again sort of dried. Next I took a baby wipe and rubbed off some/most of the gesso to reveal the birds to a greater or lesser extent. Some rubbed away more than others but that was OK, I like a distressed finish!
A bit of outlining, some words from an old book added, extra colour stencilled through sequin waste and I am really pleased with the result.
Hope you like it too!