Pages

Thursday 25 March 2010

BIRD STAMPS



As things continue to be hectic here in the run up to my move I find I have less and less time to create and to play and I really miss it!
A couple of evenings ago I decided I needed a play fix so I got out a box of saved postage stamps and sat and went through them and pulled out all the bird themed ones I could find.
Then I created a painty/inky background on a journal page, let it dry and then glued the bird stamps to it in a rough square.

Next came a layer of gesso that was sort of dried with a heat gun, then rubbed over with a couple Distress ink colours, again roughly dried and then more gesso and again sort of dried. Next I took a baby wipe and rubbed off some/most of the gesso to reveal the birds to a greater or lesser extent. Some rubbed away more than others but that was OK, I like a distressed finish!
A bit of outlining, some words from an old book added, extra colour stencilled through sequin waste and I am really pleased with the result.
Hope you like it too!

15 comments:

chris f said...

It's gorgeous Sue - exactly my cup of tea! Hope to see it "in the flesh"!

JoZart Designs said...

What a gorgeous page. Keep going it will spur you on for them move if you keep up your creativity. Good luck
Jo

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Well it inspired me Sue when I saw it in the flesh. As you know not played for ages and when I saw this and some of your journal pages I just wanted to give it a go. See you soon. Tracy x

flutterbycrafter said...

I think this is beautiful, what a brilliant idea, thanks for sharing, see you later.

Helen said...

Gorgeous, Sue.

bockel24 said...

I´m a huge bird lover, and of course I love what you´ve done here!

DonnaMundinger said...

Beautiful work! Your techniques are amazing. xxD

Martina said...

This is absolutely brilliant.
I'm just amazed at your creativity and your creations!

Sarah Anderson said...

gorgeous Sue, what a fabulous way to showcase those saved stamps [just don't show Paddy that page eh??!!!]

Sue said...

Wow, absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't like it-I LOVE IT! :)

I like those bird stamps and I probably wouldn't have had the courage to use them because they're so pretty. I'm still a bit heavy handed with the baby wipes.

johanna said...

this is such a beautiful page!! i love the distressed look you achieved!

Kristin said...

Very cool thanks for sharing!

NETTI said...

I really love this page!!!

libbyquilter said...

omg~!~
what's not to love~!?!~ stamps, birds, cut out text bits, distressing and all fantastically beautifully put together~!!!!~

:-)
libbyQ