Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2012

The fairy on my tree

 This started out as a metal frame coat hanger thingy shaped like a tree......I added card to the back of it..........it looks quite blue in these pics but in fact it's more green......hard to get good pics in these darker Winter days.

 I was going to hang the doll at the top with a ribbon around her neck but she looked like she was being hanged.....literally! So she ended up sitting on a bent spoon......a lot more dignified!

 A birthday candle and holder light her way!



I'm sorry......well, only a bit......if you are getting fed-up with my "scary" dolls Christmas......I can't seem to get enough of them! In fact, I've never made so much Christmas themed stuff before, it surprises me but I'm really enjoying it!

6 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

I think it's fabulous that you are on a Christmas creativity streak
AND
this piece is wonderful ... great use of a spoon ... also happy she's not being "hung" the other way ;)
oxo

Michelle Webb said...

Brilliant Sue, I love it! Michelle x

Sid said...

Loving the spoon seat Sue !

hazel said...

Wow! This is fabulous Sue, I love how you've used the bent spoon.
xxx Hazel.

funkycrafter said...

the scary fairy on a spoon is great. love the dark twist on the holidays decor. it's fun.

Gráinne said...

Absolutely adorable!! I'm a little envious :-D
Suzanne