Pages

Saturday 22 December 2012

It was the Winter Solstice yesterday

but I was too busy to post this!
 So, SOLSTICE GREETINGS......
each day is now getting longer and lighter......yes it is, really:)

 Here is my MidWinter offering.....a tribute to the pagan Gods all our ancestors once believed in.
It started out as a cute reindeer decoration and a plastic skull.....thought I had pics of it but can't find them!

 Used leaf stick pins and little bells painted red to represent berries.



I thought I might hang this in the apple trees at my allotment  (to scare away evil spirits and ensure a good harvest next year)  but the other allotment holders already think I'm nuts so maybe not the best idea!

6 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Go on Sue hang it at the allotment, you may scare everyone away and have all the kind to yourself lol. Mind you they will thing you have lost the plot. Your frieds know you have so that's ok lol. Love this Sue, the berries on top of the kills head are a fab touch with the kenaf pins . Great decorative piece for your skull tree lol. Oh that's right your nt quite that off the wall yet, abe one day! Tracy x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

All the land even

Artyjen said...

You are not nuts...just you!!! Love the altered deer :)
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

Maybe you are nuts, but I love to see all your creations! Keep creating and hang 'em where you want!

Carol Q said...

love this Sue. nuts is good and it's always great to see something different.

Sarah Anderson said...

lol I forgot it was the shortest day yesterday, Sophe and I were out shopping and she kept saying how ridiculously dark it was for the time of day!!!