Pages

Thursday 1 September 2011

The thing I made in Portugal

 I can finally show you all the finished (not quite) piece that I made in the workshop I just took with Michael DeMeng in Estoril in Portugal. First I want to say that Michael is a great teacher.......a very funny man with the patience of a saint......and I would take another workshop from him ANY day!!
 On the front of my book is a metal shrine with a small glass bowl in the bottom of it that I bought in the flea market in Lisbon.......I also bought the porcelain doll whose head now sits in the glass bowl and the small light bulbs in the flea market.
 ......loved the little light bulbs.........
 The clock parts I took from home.................
 the inside of the book with niche.........
 ....large plastic doll hand and small plastic doll sitting on it......................
 ......on the inside of the cover..........
 .......the edges of the pages...............
 the spine made from curtain header tape...........with screws as attachments and as decoration.......


and finally two extra doll pieces!
The larger green one came to be known over the week as frog face or frog boy.....can't think why! Originally he was going inside the book but it turned out he was too big and the cover wouldn't close! So I have him for another something!!

16 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow Sue your book is fabulous, love the aged pages and the spine. The niche is a wonderful addition as are the little lightbulbs. Great texture too. What a great keepsake from your trip. Tracy x

Willy said...

What a surprising and brilliant piece, Sue!

thekathrynwheel said...

WOWEE! This is gruesomely gorgeous :-)

Sid said...

Fantastic creation Suesome the gruesome !! Lol

Creepy but fab !!

Effie said...

Stunning.......that's one fabulous little object of desire!

Siobhan Brignull said...

wowzer . .

Hermine said...

Absolutely totally awesome!! Fantastic

Katie said...

A million "Wow"s! I love the cover, the funky inside, the whole darn thing! Very cool!

Sarah Anderson said...

What did Stuart say when you showed him? Glad you had such a fabulous time, love that spine!

Sandy said...

I have no words Sue.
This is the coolest book in the world.
OMG I write this on my ToDo List.

OUTSTANDING !!!!

Audrey said...

LOVEITLOVEITLOVEIT!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing, I love the paint technique on the dolls, cool colours. The texture paste is brilliant and those little light bulbs too, makes it look a bit Dr Whoish........so glad you had a great time and nice to have you back x

Jennie said...

Sue!! This is so brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Your book is fantastic and you certainly inspired my book,too. I hope that Michael, comes back to Europe next year. I'm saving my pennies just in case ;)

Zuzu's Blog said...

this is UBER cool. well done.

Lynne Phelps said...

What a WONDERFUL process AND wonderful memories this piece embodies! It's is fantastic in the literal sense of the word, out of a fantasy. I have loved seeing all the posts on the workshop and your baby-hand-severing, head chopping, eyeball poking fun! Hah!