Pages

Tuesday 28 September 2010

The thing with feathers

which apparently is HOPE and it perches in your SOUL!
 This double page spread is in my A4 journal.It started as a really yukky coloured couple of pages, I had used up some paint rather than waste it and really didn't like the result! So, it sat there for a while until I decided to just work over it.


The images came from an old copy of the RSPB magazine courtesy of my Mum.
  There was a much more defined border around this to start with but again that changed as this developed.
 I really like the stamped ferns and little flowers, carried them on across the bottom of the mag image to help blend it into the background.


While we are on the subject of birds this arrived in the post this morning (from Amazon) just in time to take with me on Saturday when I head back to Kazakhstan.
Hopefully this will keep me busy for a while!

16 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

LOVE your hauntingly gorgeous page for Halloween!!!!

Zue said...

What a great way for the RSPB mag to go. I adore this work, Sue. The owl is magnificent. The stamped flowers are to die for and I love the whole ethos behind it..just goes to prove what you have said before and I have agreed with....you can never make a mistake, or did you say that???...I certainly know that fab things can come from mistakes.

Have a safe journey.

If you still have your blog mail list, I was on it then, so hope I still am.

Sue xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Truly beautiful journal... love those birdies. esp the owl... hope your trip to K goes well... and see ya soon hun x

Sid said...

Great piece and your background looks good even though you didn't like it to start with !!

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow wow wow Sue this is outstanding. Wonderful page you´ve made. Great.

Kimber said...

Beautiful page! The ferns and flowers around the edge was an awesome idea! The images from the magazine are great too.
The book you got looks intriguing!
Guess you'll be making birds in KZ!
Wishing you a smooth trip back there.

Margaret said...

Fab pages, the colours are beautiful and I love the images you chose!

Sarah A said...

Gorgeous pages, love how you have used up those RSPB mags! Your colours certainly don't look yukky now!

Have a safe trip and enjoy making your little birdies!

Sarah x

Carol Q said...

Lovely spread Sue. The colours really conjure up a forest/heathland type feel for me. I'm going to have to go and check out that little bird book - that looks fab.

Nigel said...

Fantastic pages, and I love the words, they're so positive. Who are they by?

Effie said...

Fab bird pages.that eagle would make a fab stencil....... I love birdies
a very nice friend bought me the bird book for my birthday..

Rosie said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, I love it all but especially the edges with the ferns and things ..... inspirational!

Hermine said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love it

Deborah said...

So much depth. Probably thanks to the yucky paint colour. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love your pages,Sue.
Enjoy the new book and have a safe trip.

Cath Wilson said...

Love this, Sue - one of my favourite quotes cos I'm a bit of a bird fanatic but there are times when we all almost lose hope, so it's really poignant. Lovely to see what you did before you left. Hope you're settling again out there.