Pages

Monday 27 September 2010

Styx and Stones

 may break my bones
but words will never hurt me

Remember the Mills & Boon episode a few posts back when I said I had also bought another book that had yelled "journal page" at me? Well, this is that book............doesn't she just look like a witch writing a spell? Well.....she did to me, and I liked the title as well!!
This is what it became........
this is in my A5 Molskine journal.
She has an added witch hat cos all witches wear pointy hats! And extra blood dripping from her pen. I think it must be a happy spell she is concocting as she is smiling, either that or she is extra cruel!
Embossed skulls added to the left hand page edge, added these cos if you look very carefully at the original book cover there are tiny skulls on the curtains behind her.
Working on these reminded me why I don't emboss things very much these days..........I HATE the way embossing powder gets EVERYWHERE even when you try to be so careful!!

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow so cool and bloody pages.
These rock.

G Peplow said...

Hi Sue, great pages today, love all that dripping blood and the sentiment behind your idea! the woman on the page is gorgeous, I suppose all the more witch like!!
Had to have a small giggle about the sculls, it looks like the flourish has given them curls, he he he! Have a great day :0) xx

G Peplow said...

Sorry that should read Skulls, der!! xx

Sarah Anderson said...

I just never would have spotted those skulls in the curtains!!

olive said...

so clever Sue..... really loving the idea. Certainly has changed my view of Mills & Boon books! Ciao

Rosie said...

Oh my, didn't you have FUN with this! I so know what you mean about embossing powder - it gets everywhere like gritty dust doesn't it??

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

You would never believe this was the cover of a book let alone a M&B one, you have altered it perfectly Sue, and I like the added touch of the embossed skulls represented in the curtains on the book cover, very clever. Have a good day, see you soon, Tracy x x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wonderful page! Love it! Kim

Carol Q said...

you have a very strange mind Sue but I love it!! lol

Deborah said...

love the dripping blood - heheheh

DonnaMundinger said...

Perfect!!! What a hoot! xxD