Pages

Tuesday 4 November 2008

MIRROR CARD AND STAZON








I have to say that mirror card is not one of my favourite things, too bright and shiny! But I do like this effect with it, it looks like metal!






Emboss the card using a Cuttlebug folder, colour the card using Stazon inks (I used Mustard and Ultramarine) and then sand lightly to remove some of the colour from the raised sections.


Stamp St Nick onto another piece of the mirror card and mount over the top.

Another couple of examples using different embossing folders and different colours of Stazon.















PS. I have added a link to the new Craft Stamper blog in the "links to see" section.

I have an article in the December issue of Craft Stamper that is due out on Friday November 7th; watch this space for sneak peek of the article on Friday.


















5 comments:

Sarah said...

that looks fab!

I have tons of the stuff too (silver mirror card) - great use for it :) thanks

Anonymous said...

Brilliant technique Sue! TFS! xx

Hazel said...

What a great use for the stuff- I also have loads.

AngelaC said...

Ooooh I must have a go at this! I've useds the embossing folders on card with a white core and then sanded the surface, but never tried this technique - it looks fab.

Rosietoes said...

Thanks for the technique Sue. I've had a go and it's fab. Very addictive too. I do like mirror board but have tons of endy pieces and this is a really creative way to use them up. :)