Pages

Tuesday 11 November 2008

LINO CUTTING

I was down in Suffolk over the weekend and while there my friend and I took a lino cutting workshop. It was great fun and so I thought I would share some of the pics with you.

Here are my prints hanging up to dry!









These are my two favourite lino blocks.

And these are different colour versions of the blocks printed. We used proper printers ink to make the prints which I don't have at home so I am going to have to experimnent with various pigment inks and see what results I get!



9 comments:

Sarah said...

oh wow these are STUNNING

I have lino, lino cutting tools and proper printers ink - and I have never done anything with them - shame on me!

so much I want to do so little time....

Hazel said...

These look fab, especially when you use the two plates together.

made by fifi said...

wow these are fab - i remeber doing lino printing when i was at school! brill xx

Carol Q said...

what a brilliant effect. like these very much.

Lorraine said...

never done lino cutting and now I want to as these are ace

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

I love the sound of printers ink when its rolled over lino. takes me back a bit ....would LOVE to do this again. Might invest ...hmmm

These are fabulous. Stark and dramatic.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun Sue! Your 'stamps' are brilliant & look great stamped in the different colours! xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fab-U-Lous Sue :)
Anne xx

Audrey said...

I did lino cutting recently and its great fun. You can get a medium that you mix with oil paints to make a basic printers ink if you want to get similar results at home. I got Daler Rowney ~ Georgian ~ Block Print Medium