Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

Windows

Today I went to Little Moreton Hall, a moated Tudor manor house here in the Cheshire countryside. I have been before but my friend hadn't........I was happy to go again, it's lovely and the food is great too:)

 As I had been before I decided to concentrate on one aspect of the building for my pics......the windows. I like stained glass windows in particular but have a soft spot for windows generally.
 Little Moreton Hall has 5% of it's original Tudor glass.

 This window had a circular pane missing, it was a perfect spy-hole to take pics through:)






6 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

LOVE your spyhole - perfect for photography. Lovely to see Little Moreton Hall - I've only been once and I really enjoyed it. It was Christmas time, so there was a Medieval Music display, with some singing, a storyteller and the hall filled with examples of Christmas food. You're right, too - the food was scrummy - that I do remember! Lovely place - must go again. Thanks for sharing your photos x

Helen said...

Beautiful windows - love the coloured stained glass one - but the missing pane is just perfect - are you sure you didn't take the pane out?!!!! Little Moreton Hall looks fabulous - would love to visit one day.

lmp said...

Oh, I just love the picture with the circular hole missing. I love, love, love it.

Sarah Anderson said...

I love the wonkiness of little Moreton hall! Great photos x

Effie said...

Feel free!

leslie said...

I've so enjoyed reading about your travels and seeing your creativity! I long to see for myself what you describe! 6 more years of teaching, and then just maybe. I'm not complaining, I have the best job in the world! I get to teach art to 12 year olds and it's the absolute best! And then I teach adults how to paint while they sip at my downtown loft in the evenings, so it's all good! But I do want to come see England some day and you make me want to even more.