Pages

Saturday 1 September 2012

Don't bug me!

I am really enjoying the TIMEWORN online class with ANDY SKINNER......lots of great techniques to try out.
Today my friend TRACY who is also doing the workshop came round for a playday to try out some of the techniques. As with all these things some we liked, some we were not so keen on.
This was one I REALLY LIKED!!
 Verdigris beetles!

 These started out as shiny shiny kids toys......forgot to take a pic of them.....they were £1 each from the pound shop!

 The wing cases even opened! I did a rust technique on the inside!



13 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

These are fantastic and the technique is so effective. You would never believe these were plastic, love them. Great play day Sue, thanks you and thanks for all the brews. Tracy x x

Sarah Anderson said...

Wow!!! These are amazing!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow... your bugs are really amazing! Fantastic use of the techniques... haven't tried the copper yet, but it's next on my list! Sounds like you had a great day...
Alison x

Anonymous said...

They look absolutely awesome! wished you had before photo's

Lorraine said...

scary but great effects..remind me of micheal de meng creations

AngelicaS said...

Love them!!!
I really must go shopping for some cool stuff to alter, or maybe I can look in my sons toy box...He might not recognise my "findings" when I have painted them :)

Unknown said...

How cool is that! A transformation of shiny dollar (pound) store plastic!

Carol Q said...

they look fabulous Sue. I obviously need to go round the local car boot looking for cast off toys and do the class!

Nigel said...

Brilliant, I want some of those beetles.

Artyjen said...

They look great...amazing that they are plastic underneath ;)
xoxo Sioux

VickiA said...

They look amazing!

Unknown said...

Well they look like they're made of metal now and have come from some hidden Egyptian tomb ;0)

Minxy said...

These are soo cool, you find the best things to alter, Does the paint no chip off the plastic, did you coat it with something first??
I'm also doing the class but only tried the rust so far! need to get a shiftie on
Hugz Minxy