Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2011

A new toy!

It's not often I get excited by technology!  But I have a new toy and I LOVE it!! I first saw this on ART IN RED WAGONS blog a couple of weeks ago and was so taken with it I ordered myself one.....I got it from Amazon.
 This is a POLOROID POGO printer and it's tiny and portable.......it measures about six inches long by a couple inches wide.......you can use it to print pics direct from your phone or camera.....................
 .....the paper fits inside.....there is no ink....... heat activates ink in the paper................the pics are 2"x3" and sticky backed........perfect for journals which is what I intend to use it for. 
When I go on holiday with my friend she sits and writes up a journal every night.............I always feel I should do the same but can never be bothered! With this printer I can print a couple of pics each day, add any ephemera from the day, write a few captions.......journal for the day done!

 So, today I printed a couple of pics from my trip to WIGHTWICK MANOR the other day and used them to make this journal page in my passport sized journal......I sanded the edges of the pics and discovered that the colour changes (the yellow-ish patches).......I also found that you have to be careful with a heat gun, again the colour changes (the turquoise areas) and they start to shrivel!!


As it says..............WHAT A HOOT!

12 comments:

Effie said...

....looks interesting, may just have to and investigate!
Great pages too!

Sid said...

Got one already and they are great....look on ebay for great prices on refill packs Sue !!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Sounds like an interesting gadget Sue. Tracy x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Der, forgot to say your journal pages look great too, love the size of the pics . Tracy x

olive said...

ooohhh want one!!!! xx

Carol Q said...

that looks a very interesting gizmo Sue and a great addition to journalling pages. very useful effects with heat too once you know how it affects it!

Siobhan Brignull said...

hmmm I m thinking a christmas list needs writing and soon, love the distress you've achieved unintentionally..

Nigel said...

Interesting - especially the sticky-backed bit.

Nice page btw :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE what you did!!!
I'm do happy to have provided some inspiration too :)

Sarah Anderson said...

ooo, they're good pics, I thought they were going to be more 'polaroidy' (how about that for a cool made up word lol!!) ie with the traditional white edges, but they're not are they - looks rather fab I have to say :)

Photocat said...

I KNOWWWWW... I want one too. I think we might have seen it on the same blog. I seriously think it is a great thing to have. Especially for us art journalers. So you are happy with it too! Good to know.

Kimber said...

Okay, that looks really fun! Oh the possibilities! I think I'm going to NEED one of those! Love that you've done with pics so far.