Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2011

ICON

 This is a piece I started while still in Kazakhstan but finished here in UK. It is made using an embroidered piece I bought in a haberdashery shop in Almaty........I have a liking for icon style images!
 I used a cut out of the cathedral to stencil the outline around the embroidered piece and then across the other page.
 I like this orthodox version of a cross.

Our packing boxes with our stuff from Almaty arrived yesterday, way sooner than we expected so my house now looks like a bomb hads gone off while we try and fit everything back in! 3 trips to the tip later.....the crap you keep is amazing!!

8 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

3 trips to the dump, good grief how much have you been collecting LOL. Great journal page and fabulous embroidery piece. Tracy x

cheryl said...

oh hun this is one,brilliant journal page always love your detail and elements you use,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Rosie said...

I LIKE this ... but then I do love icons and stuff like that. You have my sympathy on the boxes front - we moved 3 months back and the twitch I developed is getting better now!!

Sid said...

Fantastic pages Sue !!

Laura said...

This is awesome !!!! LOVE IT :) urgh we have to do the dreaded tip trip, or recycle centre as our one is called, dreading it we have loads to take

thekathrynwheel said...

Ah yes, we all have plenty of crap LOL! Love your page - I too love images like this. Brilliant!

Ingrid Dijkers said...

Love this journal page! ... but then again, I love them all.

Gez Butterworth said...

What a gorgeous piece of embroidery. Your icon looks right at home on your page like he's always been there..beautiful.xx