Pages

Sunday 15 January 2012

Finally.................

 I could stand it no longer.........the not making anything that is.........so even though my studio is still full of stuff (that's wood flooring in 7/8foot long boxes)............. I climbed and clambered over the boxes, moved crates and doors and furniture and pulled some bits and pieces out into the kitchen
 and made this journal page using a couple of postcards  I bought at the Grayson Perry exhibition at The British Museum recently.....it's not the best page ever but at least I got to play a little!

The exhibition was fascinating and the one phrase that has stayed with me and danced around inside my head ever since is this one
HOLD YOUR BELIEFS LIGHTLY
which I take to mean...... believe in what you believe but be prepared to accept that others believe different things and sometimes to be persuaded to change your mind......
I find it a very thought provoking statement.

  this slightly risque chap is a tomb guardian!

 I used the pipette thingy inside a bottle of ink to write my words.......they came out a bit blobby but I quite like that!

The final piece in the exhibition was this FANTASTIC cast iron ship......
...it was huge and FABULOUS! 
I knew very little about Grayson Perry before this exhibition......other than that he is the artist who dresses up as a woman....... but now I'm a FAN!
If you want to read more about the exhibition I thought THIS LINK was good and has a couple more pics of pieces from it.

8 comments:

Debs said...

oooohh what a fab journal page - love the lettering and blobby way it has come out, yummy. I will have a look at that link, liking what I see here.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great to see you back creating, love the background and the stencil is very effective. Great images too and creative way to add the writing. Tracy x

Nigel said...

Brilliant pages, and I hope you managed to get back out in one piece!

Carol Q said...

i can totally understand your need to make something Sue.looks like you went to a fascinating exhibition that stayed with you!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Well worth the clambering, brilliant background and I love the way you made your lettering! Would love to have seen that exhibition, I've seen one or two TV clips about GP and his work including one on how he made the ship.It must have been fantastic!

Sid said...

Fab pages and you finally got to do some crafting !!

Sandy said...

OMG your journal is crazy Sue.
A wonderful and great page design. This rock.

Anonymous said...

It always feels good to get back to the table after an absence. Good for you!