Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Headhunting mermaids???

 This is my "official" piece of inspiration for the current STAMPOTIQUE DESIGNERS challenge......I say official because I made two pieces for this challenge cos I liked it so much........my other piece appeared a few days ago when the challenge actually started.

In fact the challenge wasn't that much of a challenge for me as it's something I do all the time..........USE OLD BOOK PAGES!
 I have made these folded book page thingies before but I really like them so I made another!!
I also LOVE these mermaid images and the weird skull heads.......so mermaids with spiky teeth might well be headhunters right??!! These are displaying their trophies tucked into the book pages!!

18 comments:

Sid said...

Great piece Sue !!

Effie said...

It's fabulous.....but makes me scared!

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

More than super....dont like thes particular images but do love your work and what you do with them.......makes my piece look rather tame Sue .....but that's me heheheh .....
Hope the trip is going well?

Willy said...

Wow... this is such a SUPER SUE piece!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gabi MeWi said...

Gorgeous - just scary, but adorble scary!Love this.

DonnaMundinger said...

I've been dying to make one of those folded book thingies! This is sooo wonderfully creepy! LOVE it! xxD

Nigel said...

Strange. Very strange.

Love what you've done with them though :)

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

So funny and crazy love that piece with all the figures!
My husband makes
book folders too.
Hugs Anja

Sue said...

This is brilliant Sue, I'm the same as Suzanne, I don't particulary like the mermaids, but I do love your piece x

Carol Q said...

fabulously imaginative as usual Sue!

Maria Sabina R said...

wonderful creation!

Barb Cady said...

This is a wonderful bizarre piece -you doing what you do well masterpiece! Love it. Hope your trip is going well!

Anonymous said...

I'm watching this with open mouth Sue. What a stunner it's really awesome!

Siobhan Brignull said...

inspired, love it

Basement Stamper said...

you rocked this challenge- it looks fantastic! I love what you did.

Gaby Bee said...

This is really cool, Sue! Love all the details on this!

Have a nice Easter!
Gaby xo

Heavens2Betsy said...

Love this Sue. Its stunning. penny

thekathrynwheel said...

This is stunning, I LOVE this! *clap clap clap* :-)