Pages

Friday 11 December 2009

IS IT A BOOK.........


or is it a TRIBBLE?!! Does anyone remember tribbles? from Star Trek? the little hairy creatures?, well this reminds me of them somehow!! All sort of hairy and out of control!



It is in fact a book and it is my entry for PLAY DATE CAFE this week where the colours are pink, orange and lime green..........sooooo NOT my colours but then that is what a colour challenge is all about.....stretching your boundaries.........well for me it is!! In fact these are so not my colours that I was VERY surprised to find I had buttons in orange and lime green, even more so that I had so many of them!



The cover for this book was made using needle felting tools, new toys I bought recently and have been playing around with. I discovered while playing around to see what would felt and what wouldn't that this wool stuff that has fluffy bits interspersed with tags of a more solid material (you can tell I don't know what it's called can't you!) felts in an interesting way..........the fluffy bits attach to the felt leaving the tag bits standing out giving this sort of shaggy finish that I quite like.

Have to apologise here............I got one of the colours wrong!! What I took to be orange should have been red..........sorry!!!


!

21 comments:

Chriss Rollins said...

Hi Sue this reminds me of a jumper I once had not those colours but the the clippymat look.

Its totally wacky cant imagine any girl not wanting one,

thanks for sharing.

chriss x

ps love the holy n the ivy card too great colours.

xx

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh beautiful Sue! the colors are pefect for such a mad texture! Very fun!

Sid said...

Very unusual for you Sue, but it works. And yes I do remember the Tribbles !!! Giving away my age there !! LOL

Hels Sheridan said...

Totally adore this ... bright and beautiful...and very versatile!

Sandi said...

warm fuzzies and a book too, this is marvelous, thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

Carol Q said...

looks like a furry monster to me! fab colours Sue!

Maureen said...

It's brilliant Sue, very unSue like but good - love your new crafty terminology - we know what you mean!

Fliss said...

Wow Sue! It does look rather like a tribble. What a really clever entry for the Play Date Cafe challenge. Will have to get cracking on mine now!
Fliss xx

Sarah Anderson said...

I had to check out what a tribble was; I remembered some little fluffy things from Star Trek when I was little. Apparently they purr, but I think anyone holding your yummy book would end up stroking it and yes, possibly purring ;)
Looks fab :)

katy said...

Love the texture and colours, what a fun book :)

Gorgeous project in Craft Stamper Sue, i always look forward to seeing what you've made, thanks for sharing, Katy x

Lesley Edmonds said...

I remember the Tribbles!

Love this book Sue!
Lesley x

Julie Ranae said...

Sue....I LOVE this entry....LOVE it!

No worries about the colors...that red/orange is definitely up to interpretation and of course, our computer screens!

I say it's Britain's own version of red....we will find a name for it!

xx

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! its fun to needle felt, isn't it :o))

*Alison* said...

SUE!!. I LOVE IT!!!.. the "red" is more of an "orange red" so either works.. :) I am so in love with this book so fun and creative.. Thanks for playing with us at the Cafe.. HUGS

AngelaC said...

A fantastic idea Sue - you just want to stroke it!! I remember the Tribbles... in fact wasn't the episode called "The Trouble with Tribbles"?

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is mad!!!! Incredible texture. Amazing. Lynne Moncrieff

Hearts Turned said...

Ooooh! I LOVE this, Sue! Something so very touchable about it! And the colors--yummy! So glad you played along with us this week at The Cafe'!

Sarah Anderson said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
on winning over at the Play Date Cafe! Well done you!!! xx

Deanne said...

Hi Sue! Fabulous creation! Congrats on winning at PDC! Also, I must tell you that I LOVE the name of your blog! In 2nd grade (which was a really really long time ago!) I had to memorize the Jabberwocky poem - just one of those useless pieces of information that we were made to memorize in grade school! I still remember the poem - "Twas brillig in the slithy tove did gire and gimble in the wabe..." Don't know all of the spellings since it made up of made up words!

xx-Deanne

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun & funky creation! You did a fabulous job using the colors from the PDCC! Congratulations!

Julie Ranae said...

Congratulations on winning this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge...this was such a creative entry and the colors were so stunning!
Make sure you get your winner's badge!